Re: [TowerTalk] Star guys vs rotating tower ?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Star guys vs rotating tower ?
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 13:49:22 -0400
There is probably no harm in some twist unless it oscillates like the
Tacoma Narrows bridge. K4JA's rotating 200' AB105 tower with large 40m
beams broke apart during very strong winds but no one knows if it would
have survived with star guys. His other rotating towers with smaller
antennas survived.

Personally I like star guys and having my rotators not slip in heavy winds.

John KK9A