Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Grounding connection to tower legs (Kevin Stover, A

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Grounding connection to tower legs (Kevin Stover, AC0H)
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 07:29:22 -0700
One more alternative is to use a DX Eng saddle clamp and extend the saddle backing plate far enough to use two hole lugs. I made the backing plate out of 1/4 x 1-1/2" 6061 and wide enough for two lugs each side. One clamp on each leg with 2 or 3 #6 or #2 wires to pairs of buried 8' rods Cadwelded. I put some contact goop in the saddle area where it contacts the tower. 2" saddles for Rohn 65 are a very close fit. A few dollars cheaper than the Rohn similar idea, and uses two hole lugs. Aluminum against zinc is pretty benign electrochemically.

Grant KZ1W