Re: [TowerTalk] "75-Meter Dipole Stretcher"

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] "75-Meter Dipole Stretcher"
From: Bryan Swadener via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 15:37:22 +0000 (UTC)
What I like about it is, with a 80m 4-wire cage inverted vee,
I don't need to use a tuner. I can QSY with one hand,
immediately start operating... and not have to set my beer down. :-D

I later removed the CM choke at the apex, added a vacuum relay in the line
(powered via a bias tee), and can drive it against ground on 160m:
http://www.tinyurl.com/wa7prc-80m-160m

vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC
coax contortionist 0.047" semirigid thru 3-1/8" rigid