Re: [TowerTalk] Terry's Tiltover

To: Clay Autery <KY5G@montac.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Terry's Tiltover
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 08:36:20 -0700

On 10/25/2017 6:05 AM, Clay Autery wrote:
You ever actually laid eyes on the ACME Screw system they use?  I have. I've disassembled and reassembled one in detail.  I've watched it in use, up close. It is as close to bulletproof as one can get and far superior to cables

I have two Heights towers purchased used that came with acme
screws.  BOTH OF THE SCREWS WERE BROKEN!  They are definitely
not bulletproof.

In any event, you have to have space to lay down the full length
of the tower.  That doesn't work on a lot of city lots.

Rick N6RK