Re: [TowerTalk] 80 meter bazooka

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80 meter bazooka
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 09:31:47 -0700
Hi Tom,

No antenna having the same directional pattern that you put at the same spot will be quieter.  If you haven't already done so, I strongly suggest that you wind a good common mode choke on one or more #31 cores at the feedpoint (up in the air). Also, study my applications note (on my website) about chasing and killing receive noise, and do what you can about implementing the recommendations.

FWIW, the good tech comments I've seen on the Bazooka antenna is that it's NOT good engineering.

73, Jim K9YC