[TowerTalk] Relay for sloper element

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Relay for sloper element
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 12:17:33 -0500
TT:

     I want to be able to switch a piece of #14 house wire onto the far end
of a sloper wire I have for 75 M phone so I can operate lower in the band.
I'm thinking of adding a relay in a weather-resistant box at the sloper's
end insulator and continue with the extension wire beyond that.

     FYI:  The sloper wire runs from the 50 foot point on my tower to my
house roof where it is tied to an end insulator and thence to a PVC vent
pipe via a bungee cord.  The wire runs through tree limbs, hence my need for
a flexible connection.  I'm thinking I can mount the relay/box near the end
insulator and extend the additional wire further across the roof.  I'm
thinking I can run 15 +/- VDC to it from the station supply in the shack via
RG-58 coax up and across the roof to the relay box.

     My question to this august group:  What relay (and supplier) would you
recommend for the job?

     In the alternative, can you point me to a good source of info on
designing traps for said application?  The trap would not require any DC for
switching but might take more "cypherin' " to get working.

     Many thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to all y'all.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F