Re: [TowerTalk] 2-el 15/20 meter duobander

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 2-el 15/20 meter duobander
From: "Jeff" <keepwalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2017 19:24:49 -0600
For a basic yagi, multiband or otherwise, NEC2 works fine. Where NEC4 provides an advantage is with unusual geometries and features in the ground.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie

-----Original Message----- From: Tom Hellem
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2017 6:45 PM
To: Jim Thomson
Cc: towertalk@contesting.com

Jim-
I am curious about why you are suggesting that one needs NEC 4 software to design a 2 el. duobander.

FWIW I basically took a C-3 and removed the 10M elements, tweaked it with a model in EZnec (NEC 2), built it according to the model. It ended up being resonant exactly where the model predicted with an swr of 1.0 at resonance on 20. However on 15 it ended up with 2.0-1 swr . Maybe I should have used NEC4.

Tom H
KOSN