Re: [TowerTalk] need advice on older Cushcraft 2 el 40

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] need advice on older Cushcraft 2 el 40
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 08:37:29 -0700
The XM240 uses a capacitor balun which get mixed reviews.  I would use the current Balun that K9YC recommends.  8 turns or so around the proper clamp on ferrite material.

The SWR should be much better than that where you have it set for unless you are having some interaction problems which you may at 12 ft.