[TowerTalk] Seeking info on Using Drones to put wires in trees

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Seeking info on Using Drones to put wires in trees
From: Henry Pollock - K4TMC <kilo4tmc@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 14:51:20 -0500
For those of you who have used drones to get wires in or over trees, I am
wondering if the cheaper units (less than $100) are adequate to lift a 10 -
15 lb test fishing line over a tree.  Since these unit have flight times of
10 minutes or less, I could envision the weight of the dead drone being the
drop weight to get the line end back to ground.

Or, am I just dreaming...and should throw out all of those cost-saving
holiday flyers from the box stores; and be thinking about a more expensive
unit?

73,
Henry - K4TMC