Re: [TowerTalk] S21 to Rp & Cp - Equivalent Circuit

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] S21 to Rp & Cp - Equivalent Circuit
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 13:08:03 -0800
On 1/12/18 12:36 PM, Máximo EA1DDO_HK1H wrote:
Hi Jim,

I agree, the VWNA is at this time best VNA option up to 1 Ghz for bench use
(with computer).

The reason I don´t have a VWNA is because I need a VNA to use it in the field
as well, with no computer.

I like to sit on the soil, or on the roof, and test the antenna. In that
situations a self-capable VNA is needed and Anritsu is very reliable (high
dynamic range and robust to in the band interference).

the Keysight/Agilent FieldFox is also a wonderful piece of gear, comparable to the Anritsu. I've used both, and it's nice to be standing on a roof (either in blazing sun, or pouring rain) with a self contained instrument that has a fair amount of capability.

I've not hung one off a tower, but I know someone that has dropped a Fieldfox from some height, and it survived ok. I think the Anritsu would be the same.