Re: [TowerTalk] Sheave source wanted for Rohn EF2545 erection fixture

To: jz73@verizon.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Sheave source wanted for Rohn EF2545 erection fixture
From: Clay Autery <KY5G@montac.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 15:30:20 -0600
I'd rengineer it to use a quality stainless sheave with a proper bearing, et al.
Start with the size/type of line/load required and work out.
Search for and contact marine supply places, et al.
-------- Original message --------From: Jon Zaimes <jz73@verizon.net> Date:
1/18/18  11:30  (GMT-06:00) To: towertalk@contesting.com Subject: [TowerTalk]
Sheave source wanted for Rohn EF2545 erection fixture
I'm trying to replace the worn sheave on the top pulley assemblies of two
Rohn EF-2545 gin poles. This appears to be cast aluminum with a 5/16" bolt
going through the center hole. The sheaves measure 2 3/8" outer diameter,
and are 5/8" wide. The center hole in the sheave has worn with time such
that these are now wobbly and risk pinching the haul rope if it jumps out of
the sheave.

I tried contacting Rohn and they directed me to their distributors. The
first I called said they couldn't help me, and the second said they didn't
have it but would try their contact at Rohn.

There is no listing for this part in the online Rohn catalogs for this. I've
been unable to match up anything of this size or close from any industrial
suppliers thus far.

Anyone have a source?

There's a photo here: http://www.aa1k.us/sheave

73/Jon