Re: [TowerTalk] Source for FairRite ferrite cores

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Source for FairRite ferrite cores
From: "Bob Shohet, KQ2M" <kq2m@kq2m.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 14:27:48 -0500
That is simply NOT accurate.

Before placing a large order for 4 different core mixes in about a dozen
different sizes – both ferrites and torroids as well as snap-ons in late 2012,
I spent more than 10 hours researching the pricing of four different suppliers
plus two well-known ham suppliers including talking to their reps and tech
people.  The end result was that I saved $430 by buying from Amidon over the
2nd most cost-effective supplier.  Ham Radio out of Nebraska had the worst
pricing of all and with a surly attitude.

I set up everything in a spreadsheet (quantities between 10 – 100 each) at the
time and then negotiated further with each of them.  Amidon was also the only
supplier that was willing to give even better pricing than listed plus they
answered most of my technical questions.

Your experience may be different, but if you didn’t spend the time doing the
hard work like I did, then you missed a great opportunity. But you can believe
whatever you like.

73

Bob KQ2M