[TowerTalk] Saxton cable from Steve, DavisRF

To: sdavis@davisrf.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Saxton cable from Steve, DavisRF
From: upthetower--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2018 19:17:35 -0500
From Steve Davis, K1PEK

Saxton Cable went out of biz at least 40 or more years ago. I would strongly
suggest that you do not use that RG59/U, it is way too old.  But using it or
not may depend on your application.
For RF:  you could test it, thoroughly, to see if any good.

At any rate, the specs most likely are in line with specs for any RG59/U
currently as that cable complied with the RG (Radio General) specs back then,
which haven't changed over the years other than if it has produced to its Mil
Spec'd, there are certain changes to the Mil Spec over the years, however the
electrical and mechanical characteristics are the same.
   Also, currently there are more than a few versions of RG 59, depending on
application needs,  CATV, MATV but I'd be willing to bet that yours is as
follows, for whatever it is worth: 20 Gauge copper clad steel ctr cond, 75 Ohm,
85% VF (possibly less back then), Foil and 95% braid , .235" nom OD, PVC Type 1
outer jacket  (not great life outdoors)
  73, Steve  K1PEK