Re: [TowerTalk] Is "The Truth about Trees and Antenna Gain" the whole tr

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Is "The Truth about Trees and Antenna Gain" the whole truth?
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 08:06:56 -0600
Proof reading is not the issue.  Proof reading will find grammar errors, spelling errors and the like. Technical editing can be a real problem.  I have written things that when "simplified" by well intentioned tech editors were in fact very simple to read and understand but just WRONG!

A. Einstein once said, "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler."  The idea being there is a point beyond which more simplification will lose important content.

While the audience for QST is not, in the main, technically inept they are still not, for the most part, scientist and engineers either so there is a bit of a balancing act writing to a level that doesn't loose too many readers and still conveys the necessary nitty gritty of the topic. Bottom line: There will always be readers for which some QST topics are over their heads and others well beneath their level of understanding.

Patrick        NJ5G