Re: [TowerTalk] Hex beam assembly time?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hex beam assembly time?
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 17:31:49 -0500
I have never used either although both look well suited for portable
operations. They certainly look easier to put up than the Force12 C3S that
I set up in KP2 last March. I believe that there is only one Spiderbeam
but multiple Hex beam manufactures. The Spider beam has three elements per
band vs two for the Hex so it has more gain but it's slightly larger.

John KK9A

From:   W0MU Mike Fatchett
Date:   Wed, 21 Feb 2018 14:27:34 -0700

They call theirs a spider beam.  3 ele on 20, 15, 2 on 17,12 and 4 on 10.
It looks more like V beams than loops.
https://www.spiderbeam.com/pdf_files/spider_specification_english.pdf

W0MU