Re: [TowerTalk] RF int makeup mirror

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RF int makeup mirror
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 10:55:14 -0700

Yes ... they are basically a transmitter and the interfering RF is likely radiated, rather than solely conductive.  Not much he can do other than turn the bedroom/bathroom into a Faraday cage.   Or turn the ham shack into a Faraday cage, but even that wouldn't help if his antennas are close enough to pick up the signal.

For the mirror to be messing up multiple bands the oscillator must be generating something akin to a square wave.  If it were possible to access the circuitry maybe trying to filter it to something closer to a sine wave would cut down on the harmonics.

Dave   AB7E