Re: [TowerTalk] Skinny QRO coax jumpers for station interconnection

To: "'towertalk reflector'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Skinny QRO coax jumpers for station interconnection
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 08:12:29 -0400
For those wanting to crimp connectors on RG400, I've been using these two
types from RF Industries:

PL-259:  RFU-505-C1
Male N:  RFN-1005-3C1

For soldering RG400 with a male PL-259, a UG reducer is needed.  The RG400's
silver shield easily bonds to a silver-plated reducer.

Rarely do I recommend alternative installation practices beyond what
connector manufacturers specify, but I recommend this method above all
others.   Do just one and it will be addictive.

http://www.n3sh.org/PL259.pdf

Paul, W9AC