Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn raised guy mounts

To: towertalk@contesting.com, Ed Sawyer <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn raised guy mounts
From: Fred Keen via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 21:53:45 +0000 (UTC)
We installed raised guy posts similar to Eds. I bought 8" wide flange beams (I
beams) 12' long and had 3/4" rods 36" long welded to the front and rear (three
each side) of the flat faces of the beams about 8" apart on the lower 3 feet of
the beam. We then set the bottom 4' of the beam into a 4' x 4' x 4' hole and
and filled with concrete.
This allows me to mow with approximately 8' height clearance around the base.
The tower is 70' Rohn 45, with guy connections at 33' and 66'. The top 20' of
the guys are phillystran.It supports a Force 6BA 40-10meter yagi, 80 meter
rotatable dipole and 6meter yagi.
Note, you should take into account the guy spacing as shown in the book going
to the ground will be different for the top and middle guys. I would use the
dimensions for the top guys. This you can do with a scaled graph chart.

Good luck with your venture.
Fred KC5YN

    On Monday, March 19, 2018, 12:17:08 PM CDT, Ed Sawyer