Re: [TowerTalk] CushCraft XM240 SWR curves

To: "reflector Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] CushCraft XM240 SWR curves
From: "Dave Hachadorian" <k6ll.dave@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 12:19:34 -0700
I haven't seen any response to this inquiry, so I decided to post the
measurements just now taken on my 40 year old 40-2CD, with 80' of RG-213, and a
K6NA balun.  The antenna is constructed to the average of the “CW” and “MID”
dimensions.

7000  2.04
7048  1.57 minimum point
7150  2.04 upper end of 2:1
7200  2.40
7250  2.87
7300  3.32

The SWR curve is very steep on frequencies below resonance (I could get
measurements below 7000 if anyone wants them), and relatively gradual above
resonance, so it’s a good idea to set up the antenna fairly low in the band if
you want to cover all modes.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ