Re: [TowerTalk] HyGain Antenna Quality control issues

To: <k7lxc@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>, <ki7m@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HyGain Antenna Quality control issues
From: Timothy Coker via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2018 19:45:04 +0000 (UTC)
Steve’s book proved some excellent points indeed.
You may want to take a look at JK Antenna’s XR5 It’s an updated design based on
the old F12 and with a 51” opening? Direct 50 ohm feed and no traps or coils on
an 18’ boom. 5 band coverage on one boom with a single feedline.
I really like their hardware... after putting up three of their antennas I feel
like I have a pretty efficient and robust antenna system for what I could fit
on my single crank up tower.
73,
Tim / N6WIN.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Sunday, April 1, 2018, 08:26, k7lxc--- via TowerTalk
<towertalk@contesting.com> wrote:

>  For my tower I have considered side mounting a TH7DXX or TH11DXX half way up
> but have held off just because of the bad feeling I hold towards them.

    You could get away with fixed side-mounting but there isn't enough room
between the elements to be able to turn the antenna around the tower.

>  May end of buying from DX Engineering their tribander or perhaps Mosely.
> Would really like the 5 band capability 10-20 mtrs.

    IMO you'd be wasting your time with a big Mosley. Our on-the-air triband
comparison report showed the Mosleys "under performed" the competition. One
antenna even had negative gain on one band. The report is available from
championradio.com.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH