[TowerTalk] Full 40 mts dipole on side of a tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Full 40 mts dipole on side of a tower
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2018 17:24:11 -0700
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2018 03:03:32 +0000
From: FERNANDO MUGUERZA VIDEGARAY <xe2fl.kf5mn@gmail.com>
To: TowerTalk@contesting.com

<I think the antenna is a big capacitor formed by the antenna as one of
capacitor?s plate ,the big tower plus antenna clamps are the other
capacitor?s plate,this gives a lot of capacitance that is changing the
antenna?s frequency of resonance,it is better to separate the dipole from
the tower which now is  only 1 inch.
  Insulated plate and clamps are a must!
       Fernando,XE2FL

## I find this hard to believe.  If there is any stray C  between  each ele
half, and the al
plate he has it mounted to,  you could easily measure it with any digital  LCR
meter.

##  F-12  mounted their 40m and 80m rotary dipoles to large  17 inches wide x 8
inches tall
al plates , using just split  PVC tube u find in any home depot electrical
dept, the  grey  stuff,
UV resistant.

Something else is amiss here.

Jim   VE7RF