Re: [TowerTalk] Replacing station ground

To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Replacing station ground
From: "Bob Shohet, KQ2M" <kq2m@kq2m.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2018 19:46:55 -0400
Many thanks Jim for the very specific and detailed responses.  I will do some
more research on both types of lightning arrestors as well as on the different
cadwelds before I make any decisions.  My ground situation is compromised under
the best of circumstances because the towers are on ledge and the only
meaningful amount of dirt is right near the house.  So the “ideal” grounds that
are recommended are not a consideration for me.  The key seems to be the
quality of the bonding of everything and to get the top of the spg ground cable
and ground rods several feet under ground if  possible.  I will look at the
KF7P boxes.

Thanks again!

73

Bob  KQ2M