Re: [TowerTalk] 40/30 antennas on same mast

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40/30 antennas on same mast
From: Jeff Blaine <KeepWalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 20:32:06 -0500
I have 40 and 30m beams on a single tower and modeling of those shows virtually zero interaction.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com

On 15-Jul-18 8:21 PM, DALE LONG wrote:
Paul
Perhaps less interesting, but simple, would be a sloping dipole/vertical dipole
fastened to the top of the tower.  Unless you have a very short tower, this can
be an effective antenna on 30m. I have used them around the world and have been
quite satisfied.
You could also side-mount a single fixed element near the top of the tower.  Both of
these ideas save a spot on your mast for some other antenna. When operating in the USA
with a single dipole element, there is not a lot of need to rotate it.  Now if you
had a 3 element yagi, that would be different.
73,
Dale - N3BNA