Re: [TowerTalk] Auto tuners, Baluns and open wire feeders

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Auto tuners, Baluns and open wire feeders
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 15:24:40 -0700
On 7/17/18 2:56 PM, Wes Stewart wrote:
Think about that for a minute.  The tuner weighs something and requires DC power,  Do you want to suspend a few pounds of weight + wind load + coax + power cable + balun(s) at the center of a horizontal wire?

In my installation, I happened to have a support at the middle, and you can run power up the coax for most tuners. But yes, it's a consideration if you're supporting only at the ends.

Probably not a good solution for that 1km long span across the fjord behind your shack.

Wes  N7WS