Re: [TowerTalk] Measuring sma relays at UHF

To: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Measuring sma relays at UHF
From: Norm n3ykf <normanlizeth@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 12:28:52 -0400
Jim,

Thank you for your time.

Reference plane was a pair of connectors added to the instrument. Like
this: N Female on instrument. Added: N male to N male, N female to SMA
female. Calibration was performed with a calibrated SMA OSL set.
Calibrated, terminated 50 Ohm, the converted return loss to length=0.
If I leave it open, it gives me 18.3 degrees.

Adding my test cable (1/4 physicial length) give or take adds 120.3 degrees.

There is no howto. Trying to work this out as I go.

Norm n3ykf