[TowerTalk] If you use EZNEC v6 with Windows 10 ...

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] If you use EZNEC v6 with Windows 10 ...
From: Dan Maguire <danac6la@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 16:40:07 -0700
If you use EZNEC v6 with Windows 10 you'll probably want to make sure
you have the most recent EZNEC maintenance update which is v. 6.0.17.
Instructions for downloading it can be found here:

http://eznec.com/ez60updates/index.html

(EZNEC Pro/2 and Pro/4 users, see the label on your EZNEC Pro CD.)

A list of items that are addressed in each maintenance update can be found here:

http://eznec.com/Updates60.html

The reason why you should definitely get this update if you use
Windows 10 is explained in a new web page recently created by EZNEC
author Roy Lewallen, here:

http://eznec.com/controlled_folder_access.htm

The Windows 10 "Controlled Folder Access" feature described in the
above link is supposedly Off by default.  However, you may have turned
it On without realizing all the consequences.  Also, Roy speculates
that some anti-virus programs may enable that feature without asking.

If you use other software which writes to the (My)Documents folder,
and Controlled Folder Access is On, you may experience the same
program crashes as described above for EZNEC.

Note that this does not apply to EZNEC v5 which does not write to the
(My)Documents folder unless you explicitly change some of the EZNEC
Options > Folders destinations.  For EZNEC v5 users the most recent
maintenance update remains v. 5.0.68.

Dan, AC6LA
https://ac6la.com/