Re: [TowerTalk] Busting a pitch pileup

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Busting a pitch pileup
From: Ralph Parker <ve7xf@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 11:43:38 -0700
>These days, most of the signals will be zero-beat with a packet-spot frequency. Going slightly off frequency often nabs the QSO.

I call them 'cluster clickers'. (Maybe 'bandmap baddies'?)
A couple of years ago, N0AX came up with a Q signal to indicate to callers that they were all on the same frequency, and that they should spread out a bit. I've forgotten what t it was. I have been using "QRM", but nobody gets it.

To K6STI's original point, I have proven to myself that a db or so is much louder than you'd think.

VE7XF