Re: [TowerTalk] Advise needed on phased beverages

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Advise needed on phased beverages
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 10:23:06 -0400
On 2018-09-11 8:00 AM, Tonno Vahk wrote:
I brought 150m (500ft) 50 ohm cable from each beverage feedpoint to
> the shack and connected to Microham Stack Switch (like Stackmatch).

Tonno,

I'm not confident that the Stack Switch (or any similar Stackmatch)
has enough impedance to provide proper operation at 160 meters.
Most of them are designed for 40-10 (or 20-6) meter operation and
the impedance/isolation falls apart fairly quickly above/below the
design range.

I would look to a "designed for 160M" magic-T receiving coupler
(splitter in reverse).  The receive only designs also have much
better bandwidth than the transmit power versions.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV