Re: [TowerTalk] 80m DX special dipole

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80m DX special dipole
From: Guido Tedeschi <guidoted@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 23:02:35 +0200
If I understood correctly the antenna, the shorted coax should be ok (15.07' same electrical lenght to have the same inductance), the shortest coax is wrong and must be 4.3' (it should be of the same lenght, independently from the cable type) and the open coax is also wrong and should be 38.5' instead of 36.7' like I did (about 869 pF).

Probably the impedance is too high, because with the shortest coax 5,5' long the feedpoint is farther from center.

I'm correct or wrong?

73 de Guido, ik2bcp