[TowerTalk] BOG vs BEV on 160

To: "TowerTalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] BOG vs BEV on 160
From: Keith Hanson <ac9s@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 22:24:02 +0000
I have been using a 200' BOG for the last couple of years on 160 with "pretty
good results".  Definitely quieter on receive than the 1/4 wave sloper.   I
could manage a 500' Beverage on my lot, but it would have to pass almost
directly past the tower from which the sloper is hung.  Any opinions here on
whether I would improve my situation by putting up a short above ground
Beverage this year instead of the BOG.  I would put some sort of "receive
protection" on the Beverage because of proximity to the transmit antenna.
These antennas would be oriented NE/SW and in either case I will lay out a BOG
at right angles oriented to the SE/NW primarily for South America and the
Caribbean.

Thanks,

Keith - AC9S