Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft A3S vs. HyGain Explorer EX-14

To: Towertalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft A3S vs. HyGain Explorer EX-14
From: Rod Greene via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 12:52:00 +0000 (UTC)
 Thanks for the replies. I am going with repairs to the A3S. My reasons are as
follows:
- HyGain appears to be a better built antenna and several have said this.  But
the boom lengths are similar and reported gain/performance figures are almost
identical. The A3S is lighter and therefore much easier to handle for me and my
helper. We don't have severe wind or weather problems at this QTH so
construction of the A3S has been acceptable over the last few years. Plus I
think we can make the repairs while the A3S is still on the tower and we won't
have to completely bring it down and then back up.
Again, much good input from you all. If I was starting from scratch and putting
up a new antenna (and have both antennas at my disposal) my choice would be the
HG EX-14 over the CC A3S.

73, Rod/w7zrc

    On Friday, September 21, 2018, 2:41:00 PM MDT, Rod Greene via TowerTalk