[TowerTalk] Alfa SPID RAK - GH RT-21 voltage selection & turning speed

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Alfa SPID RAK - GH RT-21 voltage selection & turning speed
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2018 19:10:28 -0400
2nd try, the 1st one didn't seem to make
it. Apologies if this is a repost...

I just connected the SPID RAK to the GH
RT-21D in the shack today, just to be sure
all is working and I understand its
operations before putting it on the roof.

All seems to be working well but I'd like
to have it turn more quickly, I am turning
a 7 element 6M yagi. The tailtwister on
the roof it is replacing turns faster

25 seconds 180 deg tailtwister
40 seconds 180 degrees SPID

The way it came is with the transformer
output wires set as yellow & brown. Orange
and purple have a wire tie at the ends.

I don't want to increase the voltage and
do any damage but I see there are three
voltage readings workable when using the
SPID, each relating to the output wiring
from the transformer.

If anyone is using a different setting
with the orange or purple wires, how is it
working for you speed-wise? Any issues,
and do you recall which tap you're using?

Thanks & 73,

Gary
KA1J