Re: [TowerTalk] 15m working like 6m trop?

To: "'Jeff Blaine'" <KeepWalking188@ac0c.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 15m working like 6m trop?
From: "David Robbins" <k1ttt@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2018 10:23:04 -0000
Its not tropo, more like trans-equatorial backscatter.  That is common on 10m
and 15m with no sunspots.  The mechanism is the strong trans-equatorial
propagation that lets us work south America most days, the signals from up
north go south via TE then reflect back, we often work Canada that way because
we are just too far for ground wave.  It is also possible, at least from here,
to work Europe by beaming south to south east when they are trying to work
Africa or south America.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://k1ttt.net:7373