[TowerTalk] T2X Rotor problem

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] T2X Rotor problem
From: Dave Thompson <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2018 18:54:23 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
OK Gang.

I just got my beams back on the tower and I tried to turn the T2X off North to
NNE so I could work Europe/parts of Asia while I await the tree guy to allow me
to turn the beams though 360 degrees.   Trying to turn the beams East nothing
happened.  I then turned it slightly West and it went about 15 degrees and all
of a sudden the indicator dropped to S by West.  I then ran tests to see if I
could detect the problem from the ground.  Follows are the results:

Resistance Tests:  Brake solenoid  terminals 1 and 2 1.2 ohms
1/2 motor winding terminals 1 and 8  5 ohms
1/2 motor winding terminals 1 and 4  5 ohms
1/2 motor winding & switch  1 and 6  open
entire motor  terminals 8 and 4  open
right limit switch 8 and 5  8 ohms
left limit switch  4 and 6  2 ohms
entire pot switch  3 an 7   500 ohms
pot arm to + end  3 and 1  50 ohms
pot arm to - end  1 and 7  100 ohms

Voltage Tests;  Terminal 1 and 2  30 V AC with brake depressed
terminals 1 and 5  30 v AC with brake and CW depressed
terminals 1 an 6  30 V AC with brake and CCW depressed
terminals 3 and 7  should be 13v AC but nothing.

Remember the rotor was pointed at NNW and 100 feet cable attached.

What I question is why 2 readings are open and I could get no AC reading on 3
and 7 with AC power on then depressing the brake then with either CW and CCW
depressed.

The rotor and antennas were installed by a tower pro so someone will have to
climb up to see the problem or problems.  The rotor was working before and
tested before it went up on the tower.  I wonder if the open says some wires
are not attached any longer.
I also worry as the rotor (still no directional reading is pointed at about 330
degrees so it has moved again CCW. I used new hardware for the rotor and maybe
it is loose.

For over 60 years I had a crank up tilt over and did all my own work.  I now
depend on someone to climb the tower and fix the problem.

I hope to get another T2X but any ideas of the problem (s) would be appreciated.

73 Dave K4JRB