Re: [TowerTalk] Mast length in and out of tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mast length in and out of tower
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2018 21:38:18 -0400
It depends on your wind load and placement of the antennas plus how much
lateral force your rotator can withstand. I do not have an engineering
degree nor do I know the details of your system so I cannot advise but I
will say that I have always put 1/3 in the tower and 2/3 out and never had
an issue. I am not a fan of climbing masts, especially a 2" one, so 14'
sticking out would be plenty for me.

John KK9A