Re: [TowerTalk] station grounding question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] station grounding question
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2018 16:46:30 -0700
Two suggestions. Both require study.

1) Buy and study N0AX's new ARRL book on Grounding and Bonding.
and/or
2) download and study the slides for my tutorial slide show on the topic.
http://k9yc.com/GroundingAndAudio.pdf

73, Jim K9YC

On 10/12/2018 4:11 PM, Gary Slagel via TowerTalk wrote:
I put my shack together several years ago and today was reviewing my grounding
system hoping that I could find a magic trick that might quiet some of my noise
on 80 and 160.
I've got a decent grounding bus on the back of my desk with a #6 copper wire running
about 8' through the floor to the electrical grounding wire that runs from the
electrical panel about 6' outside to ground rods.  I could also or instead run
my grounding wire to a copper cold water pipe that runs about 75' before it leaves
the house.
Am I better off leaving it as is, grounded to the electrical ground?  Or would
the cold water pipe be better?