Re: [TowerTalk] How many connectors?

To: towertalk@contesting.com, wa6ibu@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How many connectors?
From: k7lxc--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 18:38:45 +0000 (UTC)
>  This may have been asked before, but I am cleaning up my system
>fromtemporary to permanent installation and I was thinking about putting in
>apatch panel.  My question is what is a reasonable number of connectors
>andbarrel connectors to have between antenna and amplifier.
    During his EE degree pursuit, Gary, K7FR, did a lab experiment to figure
out that question. His measured connector loss was 0.008 dB per connector.
Bottom line - fugget about it!
    In my experience, feedline problems are almost primarily from poor weather
proofing and water incursion.

Cheers,Steve     K7LXCTOWER TECH
Author of UP THE TOWER - The Complete Guide To Tower Construction - page 141