[TowerTalk] FW: Feedline for a new tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FW: Feedline for a new tower
From: "Matt" <maflukey@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2018 16:24:45 -0600
I suggest you use coax with a stranded inner conductor for the rotor loop.
I believe Times LMR400 has a solid core.   RG213 typically has a stranded
core but the PE dielectric tends to be on the stiff side.  Also if you buy
213 be sure to check exactly what you getting - I have seen a lot of
variations in what is advertised as RG213.    I'd also stay away from Class
I and IIA PVC jackets as they have a tendency to split over time when they
are flexed repeatedly.    I have had good results with Belden 9913F7 (not
regular 9913) or Wireman Super 8 #106 for rotor loops.

Hope this help & good luck.
73
Matt
KM5VI