Re: [TowerTalk] Comtek ABC switch Box.

To: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Comtek ABC switch Box.
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 02:22:20 +0000
John.

A:  yes Jim Miller  a great guy,,, sad at his passing. When I had my 160 ACB-4
installed @ 90 ft on the 155 ft tower   I wanted to re install  it at a lower
level  talked to Jim and  I made a new set of ¾ wave length RG11 cables and Jim
again was going to CT to visit stopped  by and  encouraged my climb and helped
lower the  wires  for re installations of the new   feedlines. RIP my friend ☹

B: the picture/link you sent  looks like   the new  bought one  ,  except there
is NO fiberglass tape  at all ( wires  are black/white)  has  no top Zip tie
band,  other I had did to keep the toroid’s  from stressing the solder joints,
  no wire relief  clamp  and no sticker label  It  also has  clear RTV on the
windings on top of just ONE  toroid to hold wire in place

My other three owned ACB     (ABC just sounded better  !)        All  my other
previous units had the total  toroidal  fully  wound with fiberglass tape   !

Thanks for the link

Wayne W3EA