Re: [TowerTalk] Help needed testing a rotor

To: Eric Rosenberg <ericrosenberg.dc@gmail.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help needed testing a rotor
From: Steven Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 18:33:51 +0000
Yes, but weight isn't important; wind area is, and how strong the winds are,
and how often they change direction, and how often you start and stop the
motor...15 years is about the most I ever got out of a CD-45 with an HF beam or
longer-boom VHF antenna.

HAM-IV with a brake, or better still anything with a worm gear drive (which
normally needs no brake) last much longer.