[TowerTalk] new-to-me Force12 EF-180B rotary dipole

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] new-to-me Force12 EF-180B rotary dipole
From: George Dubovsky <n4ua.va@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 10:00:28 -0500
I just acquired a used F12 80 meter dipole with the linear-loading wires. I
have read everything I can find online about this design (mostly in Tower
Talk) and I have a few questions.

Has anyone modeled this antenna with the linear loading? I am curious as to
how much L the linear loading wires present.

I have read reports of folks using coils instead of the LL wires. Has
anyone published real details of the modification, including any necessary
element reinforcing or trussing?

Is there a source of the Alumoweld wire if I should put it back up using
the original design? The existing wires appear to be in usable shape, but
all of the clamps are rusted and I don't know what  I will find when I
remove them.

Any and all advice concerning this antenna is cheerfully solicited... ;-).

73,

geo - n4ua