Re: [TowerTalk] 160m. Inverted L question (RVZ)

To: Bob K6UJ <k6uj@pacbell.net>, Towertalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160m. Inverted L question (RVZ)
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 14:58:05 -0800
https://www.w8ji.com/detuning_towers.htm

Grant KZ1W

On 1/15/2019 10:56 AM, Bob K6UJ wrote:
  Detune the tower ?
I am also trying to figure out how to deal with the inverted L coupling to the tower.   I
tried an L with the vertical wire suspended 3 feet away from the tower and it was coupling
quite a bit.   I had a horizontal pennant loop for receive about 30 feet away from the
tower and when I rotated it was affected by the tower too.  I lowered the Inverted L so
it wasn't influencing the receiving loop and it was definitely affected by the tower.
I am thinking that I need to detune the tower so it is invisible to both the L and the
receiving loop.  I am researching on how to do this but haven't come up with much on
how to go about it.  There must be a easy way to do this.................
BobK6UJ
     On Tuesday, January 15, 2019, 10:01:42 AM PST, Speer, Douglas via TowerTalk