[TowerTalk] Off topic quesiton

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Off topic quesiton
From: Howard Hoyt <hhoyt@mebtel.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 12:20:59 -0500
Another nice thing is it's easier to build a tower on the moon. A section of Rohn 25g weights only 6 1/2 pounds.

Except for the fact that the lack of an atmosphere exposes the tower to the
solar wind, and unfortunately Rohn 25 is not rated for 1 million mile per hour
wind speed.

And before the data nerds chime in, yes; the wind on Earth moving at 100 mph
exerts 232 million times more pressure on a tower than would the solar wind on
the moon...I just figured as long as we were off topic I'd contribute to the
fun!

Cheers & 73,
Howie / WA4PSC