[TowerTalk] Voltage and SWR

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Voltage and SWR
From: Wilson Lamb <infomet@embarqmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2019 12:27:11 -0500 (EST)
I'm really lazy sometimes, ok ok, usually.
Have you been talking to my wife??
I wanted a quick end fed antenna, so brought it, about 150', into the shack
through an Al clad window.
The wire was pretty well insulated, but one night, on 80m, I noticed that when
I got the match right it would suddenly go way off.
But it was OK at low power.
The hole burned in the Al cladding was about 1/4" in diameter.
Now I have a hole through the wall and a ceramic insulating tube with wing nuts
on each of the wall, hamfest find.
Draws a nice arc to a screwdriver when the 4-400 gets wound up!
WL