Re: [TowerTalk] Rugged Connectors

To: "'towertalk@contesting.com'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rugged Connectors
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 10:03:07 -0800
Nice to have a strain relief, but I've yet to see a PL259 barrel that can withstand the casual abuse of FD "help" - dropping on the end, stepping on it, dragging thru the mud, etc. Once bent, they need replaced. There isn't any reason IMO the threaded section can't be made much thicker for about $0.05. Anybody know of a source?

Grant KZ1W