Re: [TowerTalk] JK 402 versus CC XM-240

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] JK 402 versus CC XM-240
From: Jeff Blaine <KeepWalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 11:54:24 +0800
Jim,

The 4sq is a great antenna but the yagi beats the 4SQ almost all the time, and often by some to a lot of s-units when it comes specifically to raw signal strength.  In some cases the difference is simply amazing.

On the other hand the yagi won't change directions instantly and it won't provide an omni direction response.  I often run with the stack on EU and then jump to the 4-sq if I get a caller that I can't make out from another direction because he's off the side or back.  I was going to take down the 4sq but the ability to point in some other direction instantly is a real help especially in contesting.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com