[TowerTalk] 80-40m 2 el Yagi redesign

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80-40m 2 el Yagi redesign
From: VE6WZ_Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 18:44:51 -0700
…sorry…CORRECTED LINK

The short, inductor loaded homebrew 80-40m Yagi has been in service at VE6WZ
for 17 years.

This summer I redesigned the feed system to allow for instant 180 deg direction
switching.  This system was inspired by my friend Peter HA8RM.

I have written a paper that explains the 4nec2 modelling, electrical design of
the switching system and lumped LC matching.  It also explains how the Yagi can
be tuned easily and with confidence using just an antenna analyser.
At the end of the paper I include a link to a YouTube video I made that
discusses some aspects of the Yagi design in more detail.

Since 2002 I have had a webpage online that shows construction notes and detail
of the Yagi. I have had over 54,000 hits and numerous emails and questions
about the antenna. I hope this paper and video will provide an update to the
design and show how the new feed design makes tuning the Yagi much simpler.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IksvND0LfeSBcH6j7UEWkyjkIvexDIgX/view?usp=sharing

<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IksvND0LfeSBcH6j7UEWkyjkIvexDIgX/view?usp=sharing>

73, de steve ve6wz.