Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor options besides a Prop Pitch?

To: towertalk@contesting.com, rlvz@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor options besides a Prop Pitch?
From: k7lxc--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2019 17:07:35 +0000 (UTC)
>  I'd like to thank everyone for your rotor recommendations regarding my post
>seeking the "strongest and most reliable rotor".? The "Prop Pitch" was the big
>winner with almost no competition!
Hiya, Dick --
    Correcto mundo. They are the best.

>  I'm seeking strong and reliable rotors for multiple towers and may not need
>a PropPitch for towers with smaller antenna loads.? Such as, for a tower
>holding a single HF Yagi with a 36' to 42' boom and 18 to 20 sq.ft. of wind
>load, besides?a Prop Pitch are there any strong and reliable rotor options for
>this size antenna load?
    I have a chapter devoted to rotators in my UP THE TOWER book where I have a
chart of rotator specs, with the PP having the highest rotating and brake
torque. Just looking at those 2 specs, two of the TIC Ringrotors are next
followding by a Big RAK Alfaspid followed by a Prosistel 71D. Anyway, there are
28 rotators listed and they all have their good points and some negatives.

    Among my personal favorites are the M2 Orion (with a Green Heron control
box and Champion Radio Products mast clamp - NOT the factory stuff) and the
Yaesu 2800.

    The whole book is available from championradio.com.

Cheers & GL,Steve     K7LXCTOWER TECH
and
Champion Radio ProductsCell: 206-890-4188