Re: [TowerTalk] Weatherproof Remote Antenna Switch Box Plus

To: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Weatherproof Remote Antenna Switch Box Plus
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 13:59:27 -0500
Does one really require, or even want, water-tightness?

Any water that accumulates, due to condensation, needs a place to go, either
via weep holes or a means to escape through evaporation.

Also, if it’s a commercial antenna switch (Array, DX Eng:, etc.), isn’t it
already designed to be outdoors without a shelter?

Mounting it on the side of a submarine? OK, maybe then ;-)

Seems Grant has a good idea; an extra bit of weather resistance, lots of room
to work with arrestors, grounding plates, etc., plus leaves some money for
better cables, better grounding conductors, etc.

73, kelly, ve4xt

Sent from my iPhone