Re: [TowerTalk] Tool for F-connector holes

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tool for F-connector holes
From: Steve Bookout <steve@nr4m.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 20:37:34 -0500
Another option.

Use your typical F chassis mount connectors, but get good quality replacement nuts for use with them.  This is what Joel at the RF Connection does for me.  They can be snugged up without falling apart.

And, to help with the slipping and sealing (and MANY other things) find some Hardman brand 'double bubble', very high peel strength urethane.  It is in the orange, dual part package.  It doesn't get hard and brittle like regular epoxy.  Although it does seem hard, it is just a bit flexible.  If things are clean when you use it, it is next to impossible to remove.

Not the cheapest thing out there, but you can find it at reasonable prices if you shop around.  Seems like I can never find the best price at the same place, twice.

/https://www.amazon.com/Double-Bubble-Orange-Strength-04007/dp/B00J1A8GBA/ref=sr_1_17?hvadid=77927961921230&hvbmt=bb&hvdev=c&hvqmt=b&keywords=hardman+epoxy&qid=1552354568&s=industrial&sr=1-17&tag=mh0b-20/

73 de Steve, NR4M